Thought Partnership Coaching: A New Approach to Solving Business Problems
Training and Development leaders sense the value of social learning but are often unsure where and how to allocate funds that produce a return on investment.
Studies have shown that learning leaders allocate up to 80% of their budgets on formal training. However, research indicates only 10% of organizational learning comes from such programs.
Social learning represents 20% of how employees learn (double that of formal training programs), but attracts far less budget and attention.
One area of social learning, Executive Coaching, is often used to improve employees’ leadership skills and address personality issues.
However, a new vein of Executive Coaching, Thought Partnership, focuses on helping high-achievers improve their performance and achieve tangible business results. By using collaborative techniques to unlock creative and critical thinking, powerful new problem-solving approaches are formed…ones that can be leveraged to unravel and resolve complex business issues.
Paul Trout, Founder of Paul Trout Executive Consulting, will be interviewed by learning leaders from Accenture, IBM and Johnsonville Sausage about this new approach.
Attendees may choose to join in our studio audience in downtown Chicago or attend virtually via a live interactive webcast.
Participants will understand:
- The value of and differences between Executive Coaching and Thought Partnership Coaching.
- Who within an organization would benefit most from Thought Partnership Coaching.
- How to use simple tools to help high-achieving employees attain measurable performance metrics.
- Situations where internal Thought Partnership Coaching may be more appropriate than external.
- Skills needed to be a successful internal Thought Partnership Coach.
Subject Matter Expert:
- Tuesday, June 26, 2012
- 11:30am – 1pm CT for live studio audience
- 12pm – 1pm CT for virtual audience
- Live studio audience:
Illinois Institute of Technology, School of Design
350 N. LaSalle Blvd., Chicago, IL